Microsoft Lync Server Ignite Workshop
Learn how to deploy and manage Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
This Microsoft Lync Server 2010 training course is a five-day advanced technical workshop for Microsoft's latest unified communications platform. Learn how the Lync Server 2010 platform allows users to benefit from complete presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and enterprise voice capabilities by leveraging the new, easy-to-use interface that is consistent across the PC, browser, and many mobile devices. Learn to deploy a Lync Server and manage it with the CS control panel as well as PowerShell Cmdlets.
Administrators who attend this course will gain experience with:
- The new, easy-to-use interface that allows you to benefit from complete presence, instant message conferencing, and enterprise voice capabilities consistently across the PC, browser, and mobile devices
- Addressing administrative tasks using the new PowerShell cmdlets that are standard with Lync Server 2010
- Setting up and deploying the Lync Server 2010 platform
- Microsoft Communicator "14" and supporting Communications Server "14"
- Migration and coexistence
- Managing bandwidth and call admissions
- The Unified Communications developer platform
- Voice over IP solutions training
What You'll Learn
- Microsoft Lync Server's Client and Server Features
- The Voice Story
- Setup and Deployment
- Management and Administration
- Migration and Coexistence
- Meeting and Collaboration
- Microsoft Communicator "14"
- E911 and Location Services
- What's New in Devices
- High Availability and Resiliency
- Voice Quality Considerations
- Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control
- Edge Server and Remote Access
- Voice Applications
- The Unified Communications Developer Platform
- Supporting (Monitoring, Archiving, and Troubleshooting) Communications Server "14"
Who Needs to Attend
Technical professionals who are mobilizing to deliver Microsoft Voice over IP solutions to customers and are upgrading their installed Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 systems
- Good level of knowledge of Microsoft networking, Certificate Services, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Experience with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or 2010 is desirable
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. New Microsoft Lync Server's Client Features
2. New Microsoft Lync Server's Server Features
3. The Voice Story
4. Microsoft Lync Server Setup and Deployment
5. Microsoft Lync Server Management and Administration
6. Microsoft Lync Server Migration and Coexistence
7. IM/Presence in Microsoft Lync Server
8. Meeting and Collaboration
9. Microsoft Communicator "14"
10. E911 and Location Services
11. New Microsoft Lync Server Devices
12. High Availability and Resiliency
13. Voice Quality Considerations
14. Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control
15. Edge Server and Remote Access
16. Voice Applications
17. The Unified Communications Developer Platform
18. Supporting Communications Server "14"
Lab 1: Deploying Microsoft Lync Server
Lab 2: Managing Microsoft Lync Server using PowerShell and the CS Control Panel
Lab 3: Migration and Coexistence
Lab 4: Configuring and Using Microsoft Lync Server Collaboration
Lab 5: Microsoft Lync Server Enterprise Voice Configuration
Lab 6: Configuring Resiliency in Microsoft Lync Server
Lab 7: Bandwidth Management and CAC
Lab 8: Configuring the Microsoft Lync Server Response Group Service
Lab 9: Configuring Microsoft Lync Server Location Information Service for Emergency Calling
Lab 10: Configuring, Monitoring, and Archiving in Microsoft Lync Server